Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Resources for The Revelation

I was asked by the church where I teach to do a series on The Revelation and its been fun but exhausting. I've tried to dig up as much info as I can on the historical context. I've been asked by several people about the good resources, so here are the ones that I've thought have had some useful and interesting stuff:

  • Imperial Cult and Commerce in John's Apocalypse; J. Nelson Kraybill
  • Invitation to the Book of Revelation; Elisabeth Schussler Fiorenza
  • Joy in our Weakness; Marva J. Dawn
  • The Seven Cities of the Apocalypse & Greco-Asian Culture, Roland H. Worth, Jr.
  • Imperial Cults and the Apocalypse of John
  • Rituals and Power: The Roman Imperial Cult in Asia Minor
  • Interpretation Commentary: Revelation; Eugene Boring
  • The New International Greek Testament Commentary: The Book of Revelation; G.K. Beale
  • The NIV Application Commentary: Revelation; Craig S. Keener
  • www.followtherabbi.com
  • http://www.luthersem.edu/ckoester/Revelation/main.htm
I've also had the good fortune to be a near a library that is up to accredited seminary standards, so I had access to journals such as Biblical Archeology and Interpretation. If you know of any good resource materials, let me know.

Digg this

No comments: